AE-AgentError
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AE-AgentError

AgentError clan. Gunz online.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Fix your ping?

Go down 
+3
Admin
deathsquad
BrokenSoul
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BrokenSoul
Admin
BrokenSoul

How to Fix your ping? Empty
PostSubject: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:11 pm

The first half of this tutorial is intended to show you how to open ports on your PC. The second half will show you how to forward those ports to your router so that outside sources can access them.

Tutorial Created Using Windows XP Pro…If you’re not using this O/S your screenshots may look slightly different.
---------------------------------------------
Part 1

Go to -> My Network Places -> View Network Connections
*Now right click on the LAN Connection that provides your internet access and select Properties:
How to Fix your ping? 1
----------------------------------------------
Click Advanced -> Settings
How to Fix your ping? 3
-------------------------------------------------
Now click Advanced -> Highlight your internet Connection -> Click settings
A window should open similar to the one below but would more than likely have existing ports open on your system listed.
How to Fix your ping? 5
--------------------------------------------------
Click add and you will see this set settings windows appear
How to Fix your ping? 6
-----------------------------------------------------
*Description of Service: Usually the program name (abbr.) and/or the port number being opened
* Name or IP address: Just what is says. If you don’t know your PC’s name just put the IP address.
Note: If you don’t have a Static IP address on your PC then everything you’re doing can and will be ineffective if and when your IP address changes. Set a Static IP for your system
*External Port/Internal Port number for this service: Unless you know exactly what having two different ports here consist of, keep them the same.
*TCP: TCP enables two hosts to establish a connection and exchange streams of data.
*UDP: provides very few error recovery services, offering instead a direct way to send and receive datagram’s over an IP network.
NOTE: Between TCP & UDP make sure you set the port for the type you need. If one port needs both types then you’ll have to the go through these settings twice.
-------------------------------------------------------

Part 2

This section was will show you how to forward ports you’ve just opened to your router. Since I don’t own every router in existence, I’ll show you what it takes for the LinsysWireless Broadband Router to have ports forwarded to it. The concept is the same for all routers and once you familiarize yourself with the steps, you should be able to navigate through your router settings with ease.

First you need to access your router. Open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1  Enter. A user name and password box should appear like the one below. The factory password for this router is “admin” (without the quotes), leave the user name blank. Some routers may be "admin" as the user name with the password area blank. Check the documentation that came with your router or refer yourself to the company website to figure out what this is for your router.
NOTE: I highly recommend you changing that password from the factory setting ASAP if it still exists.
How to Fix your ping? 7
------------------------------------------
Once you type your password, the router settings should be displayed
How to Fix your ping? 8
-----------------------------------------
Select Application & Gaming ->
How to Fix your ping? 9
------------------------------------------
This screen is very easy to handle once you get familiar with it.
*Application: Input a small abbreviation so you know what program you’re forwarding the ports for
*Start to End
Many times, a program will need a range of ports forwarded (i.e. 21000-21005)
Under start, type the initial port and under end type the last port of the range.
*Protocol: I explained what TCP & UDP were earlier, here all you do is select the one that the port utilizes
*IP Address: I can’t stress enough “create yourself a Static IP”. Here you input your current IP. Like was saying before; you complete this process and reboot your PC, the IP might change. Therefore, this setting would not be accurate and your ports will no longer be forwarded.
*Enable: Self Explanatory

Here is one good thing about the forwarding part. Let’s say you have a range of 10 consecutive ports to forwards (1100 – 1110). For the router settings you just type the start and finish but you’ll have to do each individual one and if the selection is both for all, you just doubled your work. No biggie, right?!

Save your settings and restart your system.

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Yo, i use windows vista basic(was already on laptop) and i cant get the whole thing on it, i dont know anyhting about vista cus it sux but here are some screens fo help:

How to Fix your ping? Naamlo10

if u can tell me where to go to then i can understand lot more, i think its this way to; look pic

How to Fix your ping? Naamlo11
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: re:brokensoul   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 pm

run Windows Firewall then go setting or somethink that is on right
there in all Add New name it Gunz and ports are: 7700 and 7800
Back to top Go down
https://ae-clan.forumotion.com
Lisa-

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:53 am

o_o u have to do somanyy things i did them. i guess not good enough but ill do it sometime i feel smart or something and have time xD ill look on this site now :3 ty broke! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BrokenSoul
Admin
BrokenSoul

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:27 am

Dont thank me if it doesn`t help you. =(
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/brokensoul55
Lisa-

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:40 pm

AWW dont be sad :3
it will help if im not lazy anymore Embarassed
(p.s. bignews:i found cool smiley cyclops )
mwheheh xx
Back to top Go down
Kajika

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:58 am

lol broken...
i know u already around 10 years...
and its first time im seeing u helping some1 O.o
Back to top Go down
BrokenSoul
Admin
BrokenSoul

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:43 am

copy-paste
Not so hard...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/brokensoul55
oozhangoo3

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Gee...copy paste ez try writing em town for computer class -.-...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 pm

rofl
everyone became so ego in clan while i wasnt playing -.-
Back to top Go down
https://ae-clan.forumotion.com
Dr Ernest

Dr Ernest

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Copy N Paste.. So Pro lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Fix your ping?   How to Fix your ping? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Fix your ping?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AE-AgentError :: AgentError :: Guides.-
Jump to: